Thursday, May 5, 2016

PY0F/PY7RP Fernando De Noronha


Could you live here or what!!  This afternoon I was fooling around in the shack listening to 40M and reading about the new Android N which is about to come out.  My phone is an old Nexus 5 I bought used off ebay and I guess old Nexi isn't going to make the cut for the new O/S, so I'm trying to figure out what to do.  I glanced over at Spot collector and saw PY0F/PY7RP Renner on Fernando De Noronha holding forth on 15M.  I'm a low band snob, such a snob that I normally have anything above 30M filtered out in Spot Collector but today 160-6 was turned on so he showed up in the queue.  So I fired up the rig on 15, chose my W5GI dipole at 50ft and tried to figure out where he was listening


Skimmer looked like this.  He was on 21.013 and the pile up the band, so I chose a spot which tail ended a recent 599 and called him 


He was quite loud at my QTH and came right back and we exchanged reports and in the log.  


The gray line was just touching his QTH and soon he QRT'd.  Hope I can snag him on 40M or 30M  He's there till May 9

73  W9OY