Sunday, August 17, 2014

Nirvana?

I have everything running and it's amazing!


In this shot the DXlab suite is connected to SmartSDR/Flex 6300.  It's also connected to DDUTIL v_3, SDRmemory6K, CWskimmer (the skimmer on the left) through SDR-Bridge.  I choose the 6300 path by clicking a button on Commander


If I click DX spot in Spot Collector my 6300 changes freq, the callsign of the spotted station is inserted into the log program (DX Keeper) and CW skimmer is brought up to the correct freq



  I can skip around the bands or I can force Spot Collector to view only spots on the same band as my radio.


This way if I have everything tuned up on say 10M with the 6300 and an amp that does not band follow, I'm all set to just knock off whatever I can hear (or see).

My other radio is a Anan 100D.  I can also choose to hook up DXlab Suite to this radio




To see the 100D I just minimize SmartSDR, as PowerSDR_mRX (the 100D's controlling software) resides UNDER SmartSDR on my desktop.  To get the 100D connected I just click the 100D button on Commander



This then connects DXlab Suite to the 100D.  All freq info is shared 


If I now click a spot the data is entered in the log program, Call, freq, time, date. rst both ways, country and any notes like name



Here OA4DX in Peru is clicked.  28020 CW is entered in the log with all the other particulars and it's entered into the 100D


CW skimmer follows, and I can set memories in DDUTIL.  I also use DDUTIL to control the drive power to my amp automatically so I never overdrive.

DDUTIL in this setup has another excellent feature.  There is a specific port in DDUTIL that will allow skimmer to control VFOB 


Note TX is chosen in VFO B so when I click around in skimmer VFO A remains static, while VFO B (my transmit vfo) is tuned where I click (in this case 28.024040.  This is the freq  I will transmit on.  I can click around the pileup looking for 599 or the last station worked and be ready to tailend.  In addition I can turn on MultiRX


which then places the audio from the TX vfo into my headphones in stereo so I can hear the pile up as well.  There is complete control over volume and pan and a blue line turns on to show where I am listening.  I can turn on Diversity since the 100D has 2 completely independent SCU's


This allows me to combine 2 coherent versions of the same signal from different antennas in a complex way that allows virtual beam forming.  I can combine to get a shallow peak or a very deep null.  Quite useful in the land of Florida thunderstorms.  

I mix both stereo audio outputs on one of these:


ART PowerMIX III 3 channel stereo mixer.  This allows different audio levels and I can pan each stereo input and listen to both radios or choose only one radio.  If I turn on the 100D path, the 6300 is still completely active, just not in focus, and vis versa.  This makes a really cool setup to compare radios on the same signals.

You of course can do this with out the second radio as each radio allows independent processing of 2 separate frequencies, so technically I could listen to 4 bands at once if I wanted.  (Actually 5 frequencies since the Anan can hear 3)  The MultiRX needs to be on the same band as RX1.


Here is a shot of 28.010 CW, 28.015 CW, 60M ch1, 18.081 CW and 14.070 PSK all at once.  My ADD has ADD

73  W9OY