Saturday, June 21, 2014

All Asia

The All Asia contest is happening this weekend.  It is one of my favorites.  I usually run this contest all night long on 40, 80, and 160 following the gray line as it sweeps across the Pacific, but those bands have been horrible.  I switched to 20 and 15.  What a treat!  Here is a shot of 15M


There are PLENTY of stations coming through from all over the world.  In this contest the waterfall is a godsend.  It makes click tuning dead easy and every blip on the screen represents someone looking for a contact.

20 is just as lively:


Even though I'm surrounded by lightning the 6300 with APF and its filters makes copy no problem.


I live right under that yellow band on the east central coast of Florida.  No direct lightning at my QTH but I can see the band noise jumping.  I like this contest because you can leisurely cruise up and down the band looking for new ones or just work a bunch of old ones while you are at it.  I worked Oman and Saudi with no pileup.  Can't beat that!  Get on and work you some Asia

73  W9OY