Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy 4th 2014

Here in central FL it's the perfect 4th kind of day.  Scattered clouds which cuts down on the brutal sub-tropical sun


It's a beautiful 87f.  I spent the morning working DX from 40M all the way to 6M.  I made contacts on every band.  When I got this radio I decided to restart my DXCC records.  My first recorded DX contact was 6/6/2014.  Gaining speed has been remarkably slow.  I started my previous DXCC log in 2004 after a particularly harsh hurricane season wiped out most of my antennas.  Once I got some antennas back up it took less than a week to make DXCC on 40M .  I made DXCC on 80M in less than 3 weeks.  To date I have only 75 counties on all bands even though I have been putting in the time... Depressing.

I updated my QRZ.com entry.  I use QRZ quite a bit when DXing to see the entry of the station I am working.  It is often quite interesting.  You can use the map under "Detail" to see where I live.  If you pull the map west you will see Kennedy Space Center off to the east.  

Happy 4th to all:

73  W9OY